wal-mart water users

C

capschamp

I bought some water from wal-mart last night but it didnt say that it was ro or di water. it just said micron filtered. It had a green label on it that said sodium free and drinking water. Did i buy ro water?:notsure:
Thanks in advance.

aarone

no you did not...that stuff is crap....get the distilled water if you have to purchase it at walmart

redwinger

I don't know about anyone else’s evaporation problems but I bet I put in approx a gallon a day. Thank G I bought a RO/DI system. My original thought before I set my tank up was to get butt loads of distilled water from Costco. Glad as hell I didn't do that.
I highly recommend going to ----, and getting one of those systems. They are very easy to install. I bought the dual output system with the faucet and 4 gal tank. I run one output, through the floor, to a plastic garbage can, the other output goes to the faucet. It's used daily by my family. In my case, all I do is walk downstairs to my 35 gal reservoir and get my water. Cake.

diddley

the drinking water with the green label was ro water, at least in my area, until around last november. the packaging stated so. but, around that time, they dropped the "filtered by reverse osmosis" from the packaging. look at your local grocer for RO water.

spmnarciso

What's wrong with the RO water from Walmart. It says purified by "reverse osmosis and deionization" I've used a ton of it.

spmnarciso

I called Culligan in my area and they sold 5 gallon containers for about $7.00. That's crazy. What a difference! I use a lot of water, so Walmart for $.50 is good for me.

aarone

When i went to walmart to get the water i just took the 5 gallon containers...they didnt ask me if they were new or not so i got like 8 of em at my house now :D

aarone

Originally posted by DrkDweller
some distilled water is treated with copper

do you mean it is treated with copper or that the collection tube is made of copper? The whole point of distilling is to remove impurities....why add more copper ifyou just tried to get that out?

drkdweller

i mean it's treated with copper.
If you read the lable it say "treated with copper"
(its a brand they sell at food lion)

T

thomas712

Originally posted by Aaron Childs
I buy Wal-Mart water, RO distilled and it is fine. High in calcium as well

Thats strange, because from what I understand the RO membrane removes the calcium and magnesium ions. So your water should not have calcium in it if it is a true RO system. :thinking:
Unless they are adding things after they have been filtered.
Thomas

gregvabch

my lfs sells ro/di for 25 cents a gallon, have you checked with yours? i have my own unit but it's convenient when i'm impatient to just drive over and get 10 or 15 gallons from them. i don't continuously run my own unit though.