Walkin' in a winter wonderland....

space_geek

Howdy everyone! Well, here's the story. When I woke up this morning it was about 40, the temp dropped until it is about 25 now, and it is supposed to get colder. The news said it was only supposed to snow a little, but they were WRONG! It got so bad that we almost had to stay at school after the bell had rung, but we didnt. It was near complete blizzard, white out conditions for a little while. It started to snow lightly during my orchestra class, and we all freaked because it was the first snow of the year. But to the point, when I woke up trees still had different colored leaves and the grass was still green, with no snow. This pics are to prove that the news was wrong. It just goes to show ya how unpredictable Michigan can be, Lake Michigan makes winter weather AWFUL, this was all lake effect snow. There is about 5 inches on the ground, and it finally cleared up so I could take these pics. Sorry about the quality, my camera sucks. Just thought all you southerners would wanna go for a stroll in "winter wonderland." BTW, we are supposed to get about 2-4 MORE inches of snow tonight.

cartman101

WOW, very cool! I hope it snows in southern missouri, never seen snow before and i dont know if southern missouri gets snow
It would be cool to see it....i guess

space_geek

Originally Posted by Cartman101
WOW, very cool! I hope it snows in southern missouri, never seen snow before and i dont know if southern missouri gets snow
It would be cool to see it....i guess
Oh, I feel so bad for you. Winter is my favorite season, I love snow. It is GORGEOUS, but man-ITS FREEZING...how warm is it in Missouri right now? Right now in Grand Rapids, it is exactly 21 degrees, it is dropping like a rock, it is supposed to get down to 15 tonight. Imagine that!

space_geek

So it is a little warmer there at least. In your location, u put I miss florida, is this your first year in Missouri? If ur used to Florida "winters," your in for a HUGE surprise.

cartman101

Originally Posted by Space_Geek
So it is a little warmer there at least. In your location, u put I miss florida, is this your first year in Missouri? If ur used to Florida "winters," your in for a HUGE surprise.
YEAH, i'm use to florida winter allrighty, yeah its my first year in missouri. But the reason y i put "i miss floida" is becuase i miss the beaches and the stingrays at the beach
I loved how they would come right up to you and lay down in the sand right next to you.AND I ALSO MISS THOSE LFS!!!

cartman101

lol...seems like the stingrays would hurt. Where abouts in Florida? I have family in Fort Myers.
Yeah, i came from bradenton (old people heaven
, thats the only bad part about living there). As far as stingrays, nah they dont sting u at all. I sat down on the sand in the water and , not knowing a stingray would be there, placed my hand on the ray. He didn't even swim off :scared: I thought he was dead, then i pushed him and he swam off.

space_geek

lol...I love Michigan, I honestly dont think I could ever live anywhere else. SNOW RULES! My mom doesnt think so though...what a party pooper!

cartman101

lol...I love Michigan, I honestly dont think I could ever live anywhere else. SNOW RULES! My mom doesnt think so though...what a party pooper!
HAHA, hey do u have AIM?
BTW, it never gets below 56 for the high in florida at winter time

fedukeford

omg in NY we had 12 inches of snow in OCTOBER!!!! it was awsome.. but we havent had any significant snofall since then... it sucks....... i have aim 2 if anyone wants it... FEDUKEFORD17

cartman101

Originally Posted by fedukeford
omg in NY we had 12 inches of snow in OCTOBER!!!! it was awsome.. but we havent had any significant snofall since then... it sucks....... i have aim 2 if anyone wants it... FEDUKEFORD17
cool!

mimzy

Cartman, it is so awesome that you've never seen snow. ***)
I have cousins in Israel who came to visit us in Pennsylvania one winter. We got nearly 3 feet of snow the night they came over - it was the first time three out of the 4 kids in the family had ever seen snow. It was SO AMAZING to share that experience with them!
Snow is the shizzle-dizzle. I dream of snow. I am miserable in the summer...I want to live in a place where I can find icicles on my eyelashes when I walk out the door each morning. :joy:
SpaceGeek, I am SO JEALOUS.

lovethesea

you got that right. Plus I promised to suffer through one horrible STL snow/ice storm
for Cartman.....and then back to regular programming. (we have been lucky the past few years...only ice and extreme cold-no major snow) I hate it!! HATE IT!!!
If I could be barefoot or flip flops/sandals all year, I would be a happy girl :joy:

scotts

Originally Posted by lovethesea
If I could be barefoot or flip flops/sandals all year, I would be a happy girl :joy:
I am in shorts and barefoot right now sitting near the open window.

Oh yeah and it is 7:30 at night.

bronco300

ah snow....i love that stuff...we had a bit of snow flurries today,nothing to accumulate....but man i would love to get 3 feet of it or so.
the only thing i hate about indiana snow is we'll get 6 inches and i get pumped because surely we'll have a lot...nope, it starts to melt...but then we get another hard snowfall....get 6-9in...then it melts, then snow, then melt....all the way till freakin march....if its goin to be freezing cold out, i better have snow with it, and lots of it, none of this 1 inch crap!! lol

PLUS, there is NOTHING better than full contact sledding!!! and football in snow(unless it is much to deep, then we all just get tired out trying to run a play in a 1ft deep snow just trying to get through it) ***)