Wallpaper pictures

meleerock

I thought it would be cool to have a thread of pictures worthy enough to be the background on your computer. Post pictures that you shot of your tank, an aquarium, or ocean... Micro pics would be cool as well. Let me know what you guys think.
Since my tank just finished cycling I have no pictures to offer up.... sorry!

meleerock

hot883,
What kind of cardinal is that in the second picture from the bottom?
It looks like a pajama but with better colors.

shogun323

Barry - that Lion pic still gets me everytime. I finally saved it to my computer!!
05xrunner - Great pics. I love the one of the emerald crab. It is also great to see another Mantis keeper around!!!

05xrunner

yea i just got him last sat.
Still shy but I saw tonight he is roaming around the tank alot more. So I hope to get better shots this weekend during feedings

shogun323

Sweet!! Shoot me an email and I'll show ya a couple clips of my Peacock Mantis.
heywade at tampabay.rr.com

saltn00b

05 - that is the best pictures i have ever seen of a white anenome crab, and is one of the best pictures i have ever seen, period! i want your camera! did you do anything in PS to clean it up? where you on macro mode, or far away and zoomed in?

05xrunner

no..I am a photographer as well.
I shot it in ISO 640 also. it shows what a nice DSLR can do with noise and image quality that and good glass.
I basically just ran unsharp mask on it and set the saturation to real life. since I keep all those settings in my camera to 0 so i have total control of the image. nothing special was done to it. Wasnt macro mode..just at 75mm with my Tamron 28-75 f2.8 lens and Canon 30D...80% of the picture is because of the user..20% is on actual gear.