Walmart water

meisacao

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the walmart water? In the past few weeks i've noticed that the water is not testing like it should. It's not safe enough to put in my tank.

cgrant

i remember seeing a post about walmart water having ammonia in it, If i remember correctly it wasnt that long ago.

meisacao

Mine is testing very high for amonia and we have two different walmart stores that we use and they are both testing bad

keith burn

with gas prices at $3.89 a gal, IMO GET R/O-D/I UNIT will pay itself off in a year or so.
gas to w/m 1gal @$3.89 up and back or so.
$.25 a gal for water .25 cents x 5gal $1.25
test strips what ,about , $20 for 50 tests about .50 cents a test.
3.89+1.25+.50=$5.64/by 5=$1.12 a gal
and that will not help with all the money you spend for all the must haves (wife/children) will just have to get $298.50 (my wife gave me the look)
so after all said and done 5 gal will cost like $60.82 a gal.
so go with ro/di unit

rkmayphd

I believe WM uses a 3rd party vendor for their water machines. I would not be surprised if different regions use differenct vendors. Although relatively new, I have never had a problem with the RO from our local WM

04mach

They have a Culligan machine at the store near me. I just buy the Distilled in gallon jugs.

tristanumd

I've become somewhat of a water snob since I got into this hobby but I'm not very technical when it comes to picking bottled water. Basically I've tried everything at the nearby grocery stores, etc. that I've seen in gallon jugs. Keeping costs in mind, the walmart gallon jugs run about 70? cents here versus the Weis grocery store where they are 67 cents. Already as an accountant I see major cost savings by going to the WE IS. Also, when it comes down to it the WE IS water tastes MUCH better to me the the Walmart water. I guess I figure as far as bottled water goes, if it tastes good to me who are the fish to complain...

wigglesmd

Yes, the Weis water is the best. The Wal-mart drinking water sounds like it would be better by reading the label, but actually the Weis tastes better, plus it is sodium free so it doesn't make you thristy. It is cheap too so I think the fish deserve it as well!

tscuda

I'd first wonder why it has am. in it to begin with. Did you try to test you own tap water to see what it reads? If your test strips are good then I'd find out who maintains their machine and ask them why it tests high. Better still buy a R/O.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by meisacao
Mine is testing very high for amonia and we have two different walmart stores that we use and they are both testing bad
It shouldn't have ammonia! Try another test!!! IF it still test the same, I would let them know....They can really get into major trouble for not changing filter and have bad water coming out. :happyfish