WAMAS Symposium 6/26/04 VA/DC/MD/PA/NJ/DE/NC/WV/EAST COAST

gatortail

WAMAS SYMPOSIUMWAMAS, The Washington D.C. Area Marine Aquarist Society, will be hosting a symposium on Saturday June 26, 2004 from 9:00-5:00p.m. in Vienna, VA (immediately outside Washington, DC).Special Guests and Highlights:
- Dr. Bruce Carlson
- Dr. Daphne Fautin
- Adam Cesnales
- Joe Burger
- John Brandt
- Dr. Mac
5 SPEAKER SESSIONS
DISCUSSION PANEL
GREAT EXHIBITS
FISH * CORAL * SUPPLIES * FOR SALE
BOOK SIGNINGS
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
FREE PRIZES AND GIVEAWAYS
Along with Dr. Mac & his traveling coral store
, lots of frag swapping and a great raffle, this is sure to be a meeting NOT to miss!
For further information on the WAMA Symposium, visit our web site http://www.wamas.org/
Who: WAMAS (Washington D.C. Area Marine Aquarist Society)
When: June 26, 2004 (Saturday)
Time: 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. (EST)
Where: Oakton High School
2900 Sutton Road
Vienna, VA 22181
Cost: Members - $25
Non-members - $35.00
Non-Member + WAMAS Membership - $45.00 (1/2 price membership benefit for attending)
Lunch fee - $ 7.50

Children under 16 free with paying adult - must buy kids lunch.
[WAMAS Annual Membership = $20 - Individual; $35 - Family; $10 - Educators; Free - Students]
Agenda

9:00 - 9:30 Registration / Bruce Carlson Eye Candy! - DVD dive footage of some of his dives.
9:30 - 9:40 Opening and announcements by Steve
9:40 - 9:45 Introductions by Michael
9:45 - 10:35 Adam Cesnales

10:35 - 10:45 Break
10:45 - 11:35 John Brandt

11:35 - 11:45 Break
11:45 - 12:35 Joe Burger

12:35 - 1:35 Lunch
1:35 - 1:45 Introductions
1:45 - 2:35 Daphne Fautin

2:35 - 2:45 Break
2:45 - 3:35 Bruce Carlson

3:35 - 3:45 Break
3:45 - 4:30 Open Panel Discussion
on Issues facing the hobby.
4:30 Raffle!
More Carlson Eye Candy! - DVD footage of some of his dives
Miscellaneous

- Raffle prizes
- Vendor exhibits
Directions:

- Directions to Oakton High School, 2900 Sutton Road, Vienna, VA 22181
From 66, take 123 North.
Turn right at second light on Jermantown Rd.
Turn left at second light on Sutton Rd.
School is on the left.
http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/OaktonHS/M...directions.htm
Here's a map from Mapquest

Map link

brooklyn johnny

So who else is going? This is a huge event for our club and I'd recommend people come even from hours away... make it a weekend in DC!

neoreef

I'm coming from St. Louis, MO. Gonna visit my brother in Falls Church. Gonna go to the fish show. Will put Neoreef on my name tag, so's you'll know it's me.

nm reef

Been hearing about it for awhile...sure wish I could make it. Ya'all have a great time.....
Maybe I'll try to arrange vacation time for a future meeting....

brooklyn johnny

NMreef if you ever want to come out you're welcome to stay in our guest room (of the house that will be built in 6 months)... I'll throw "Brooklyn Johnny" on my name tag too to make it easier as we have many out of towners coming to the meeting...

gatortail

NM,
was just in Albuquerque at end of April for long weekend. Had lots of fun.
Have to keep you in mind next time I head that way to find out what LFS are out there worth visiting.
Craig
B. Johnny is a good egg. Can't wait to help him set up his 180 and 300+ this fall when his house is finished.

brooklyn johnny

Thanks Craig (Gatortail)... I can vouch for Craig too as a nice guy with awesome tanks... hey Craig here is a pic from last year I got of your two cap colonies before they required a whacking:D
See you all at the symposium!!

neoreef

It was really nice! Dr Mac brought some beautiful things to sell and the speakers were all good and informative. Cool stuff raffled off. I won a 50 gallons of saltwater minus the water! Coming home from the metro, I had to walk a couple of miles with the salt in my backpack, but I made it OK.
This is an interesting club. Most of the topics were about global reefs rather than the ones in our living rooms, but there was a well done talk on metal halide lighting among other things.
Those of you who didn't come, ya shoulda.