Want best lighting on my nano

topher

I have a 12gl jbj nano can i get good lighting for this tank if so what one where do i get it HELP

airforceman

no but i've been loooking into it myself but as far as i've heard it's the best and fits the best for the JBJ 12 gal.
Good luck!

aaron7405

Hi there
I am really agree than Sunpod by Current is an excellent ligth (the best), try to get the 150W 20" Mod. 1060 or if you can go for the 250 Watts Mod. 2060 20", the 2060 came with the balast to start it not buid in to the lamp, so the lamp run cooler.
I have 10 gls nano reaf Just started a month ago and 15 day ago I put a sunpod ligth Mod. 1060 150 Watts, is really the best. but you will have to keep in mind some thing before you buy it.
the lunar light and blue leds look awesome at nigth I will take some pictures latter and post them so you can see them work.
the white light is aweso too. but here is the trick
They just get too hot in a nano tank of 10 or 12 gls you have to realize the amount of water is small and I will be faster hoter. It will star to boild you watter (it killed me an anemona, star and a fire fish) the day I put it I was too excited and I did not pay atention to the termometer, so keep an aye on this.
What I did I had to put it highter with some CD in the bottom, (while I get the hang kit to ajust the hight) , get some timers and try to get another regular actinic blue bulb and make a light time,
for example I run actinic 7-9 AM, then sunpod 9 - 12:30 PM, back to actinic 12:30 - 6PM, and the the lunar and the blue leds 6PM-7 AM
I m just starting like you so dont made the same mistake I did.
Sunpod is great I just buught another one, and I will run 55 gls with my 2 lams, the second I bouth is a 250Watts
I will atach some Pictures the sunpod running latter

topher

i wish i saw this 15min sonner i just ordered the 20" SunPod
Tank Mount, Canopy Mount, or Pendant
14000K HQI & Lunar Lights is gonna be ok ??????????? i hope it want 250 in the hole

topher

20" SunPod HQI & Lunar - Tank Mount or Pendant

Quantity in Basket:none
Code: CU01060
Price:$239.00
Quantity:
20" SunPod
Tank Mount, Canopy Mount, or Pendant
14000K HQI & Lunar Lights
ITEM # CU01060
Dimensions: 20" x 8.25" x 4.25"
SunPod
“Unleash the Power of the Sun & Moon”
Produces more light then most 250 watt Metal Halides! The SunPod produces an enormous amount of light and cuts through water to even the deepest depths. The PowerPaq 14,000K HQI metal halides produce the energy your corals will need while the Moon White and/or Nocturnal Blue Lunar Lights let them relax and chill at night. Housed in a sleek aluminum enclosure and powered by our internal proprietary electronic driving system makes for a really cool fixture. Plug-and-Play mounting features allow the SunPod to be used on any tank!
Product Information:
20" SunPod - HQI/Lunar LightsNano-size available
The slim, narrow design of the SunPod (measures only 8.25" wide) allows it to be used even on the most narrow of tanks. The small 20" SunPod even fits most Nano-Aquariums, 10-Gallon Aquariums and Mini-bow style tanks!
Panelit
The SunPod is the world's first and only fixture to feature both Blue and White Lunar Lights mounted on a removable LED panel. Each color is independently controlled - allowing you to use both colors for a gradual ramp up, or one color for nocturnal viewing.
Whats included: 20" SunPods include fixture, lamps, docking mounts and a hanging/canopy mount kit.
Item #
Description HQI Metal Halide Lunar Lights
CU01060 20" Sunpod 1x150w 14k powerpaq 6 Blue & 6 white

aaron7405

Don´t worry is an excellent light. It cam with the hang on kit (Pendant)
is just than mine I bought it used and did not came with it.
its the one I have rigth now on my tank, I could be more happy with my ligth
but I will really advise to you to start saving for a nano chiller. to cool your watter.
Im puttng some pictures so you will see how it looks and the amount on light it deliver.
Do not lok at the towell than I ned to mount it into please!!. no need to buy a Actinic blue lamp with this Sunpod Ligth lamp your corals will glo in the dark with the blue leds, beside it chill them with the lunar leds. ( I made a mistake with the lamp time in my last post, I dont use atinic lamp, I use a 18 Watts bulb 10,000K to warm up in the morning and in the evening)
They are amateur photos but they will do it to give you an IDEA
Im a freshman on this too.
You guys will have to forgive my english but Im from mexico. I do my best on the english

aaron7405

If you take a look there are three acrilic panels first 2 are like a shield to rebound the heat rays, lat one is the tank cover (this will not be the final set up but have to work on in and rigth now I pack with work.
with the hanging kit you will sove this problem.
Some more pictures, In the last one you will see the 15 wats 10,000K bulb.
OOOO One important very very thing, About the fan noise is not too bad but is not the silenest. I dont mind, but I dont know how piky are you. the 250 Wats Should be more silet because has the balast not biul in so I think the fan is smaller, ( I just ordered that why I can not tell you for sure), but the noise is only when the main lamp is tur it in the nigth is dead queit. try to buy some 2 timers
sea ya