want to get tank..help.

nirvana

well I have wanted to get a sw tank for awhile now ...and I was wondering what gallon tank I should get. I have a empty 20 gallon tank and I was wondering if that would be ok or if I have to go bigger. help please.

fishboy091

If you are a beginner I would suggest a larger tank, 55 gal minimum. I'm also a beginner and I have a 180 gal. You should also get a quarintine IMO. Bigger is better.

bronco300

you need to consider what type of tank you want...or what you want in it i should say...i started with a 10gallon, and moved to a 20gallon long, and in time will prolly get another bigger tank, but a 20 will be fine, but things you can get are more limite....some aggressive fish will need bigger tanks, like tangs, triggers,etc.
Smaller tanks MAY be harder to control the water parameters, but ive never had that hard of time....so decide what you want, then decide on your tank....but fair warning, the hobby is addictive, and you'll probably want to upgrade anyways down the road!! The choice is yours!
ENJOY!!!
Luke

evanwv19

I would suggest firstly to decided on what you want to do...reef tank, fowlr, or agressive. I would also suggest, if your seriously enough about it get as big of a tank as you can for your budget and space. A 55g is definatly a good choice. Smaller would be fine too though if thats what you can do.