Want to Strangle a Builder that is Already DEAD.

ironeagle2006

The Builder that built my house 50 Years ago had the Very Bright IDEA to use Steel Pipes for Drains for anything less than 2 inch in Diamter. Then they used Cast Iron for the fittings. What happens to Iron and Steel when it is in the GROUND. It RUSTS correct. Especially when it is WET. I am having to break up the Concrete slab floors in my house to replace the Kitchen drain in the house. I am going to be pulling what little hair I have out in a few hours when I get the bill. Let alone my wife when she sees she lost her floor in the kitchen.

ironeagle2006

Then to Top things off the Freaking connector that we are going to have to go with the replacement is RIGHT UNDER the Water Heater Luckily that line is Clay so we do not have to replace it. Someone Give me a TIME Machine so I can Kill an Engineer then claim Temp Insanity with the Pics I would show at my Trial. The Vent get this has 4 45Degree Bends in it WTH is up with that. Are they thinking a mouse might want to climb into it.

bionicarm

Don't think PVC was readily available to builders back in the 50's and 60's (I think the first PVC Pipe was created for commercial use in the late 50's). Why spend all that money using copper when you have cheap steel and cast iron? Sorry, but I feel your pain. My brother just had to do major plumbing repairs in his home due to foundation shift. Several copper pipes cracked due to the movement. Had to tear up several holes in his foundation to reapir them. Then to add insult to injury, had to spend another $15K getting his foundation shored up. Welcome to home ownership!

ironeagle2006

I know but still they could have followed a Logical Route for the LINES. Instead of Bending the draing 45 Degrees after the 90 to get to the Connection that they made. Instead why not go Straight then tie into with a T there.