Wanted Berlin Hang-on Skimmer

scooter8416

MEP; they both look the same. But see the hose running up on the left side. Its a hang on. It was the only pics if could find i'll look for another.

brewercm

I have one for sale if you are interested. I'm asking $85 shipped. Email if interested brewercm66@earthlink.net
I have the original Berlin hang on skimmer. I have the upgrade kit for turbo or you can change it back to venturi if you like since I still have those parts.
Here's a picture of the skimmer. The stuff inside of it is just from the use and is almost impossible to get out, doesn't affect the operation of the skimmer at all.

brewercm

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Yes this comes with the Berlin pump that they sell with their turbo upgrade which was $75 alone. :eek:
You can use it either as a turbo or regular venturi by putting the venturi back into skimmer or buying a better one (Kent) and running it inline.

scooter8416

Ok, sounds good. How do you want to be paid. Is paypal ok.
Any more info on hooking it up as turbo or regular venturi will be helpful.
Thanks,
Shawn

brewercm

Paypal is fine. My paypal address is brewercm66@earthlink.net
I have all the paperwork for setting it up either original, or the way it is at the moment with the turbo.
I won't be available to ship until Tuesday but will get it out then.
Thanks,
Cliff

scooter8416

Thats fine. I'm going up to our cottege for the week, no hurry.
I'll pay you tomorrow before I leave. You wanted $85 right? Also, do you have any more pics of the pump ect... which way worked better for you the turbo or the original way?

brewercm

I can try to post a picture of the pump. My system at home hasn't been working the best but I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight.
I think it was easier to clean when used as the turbo and probably did pull a little more gunk out. I found it easier to clean the pump then remove the venturi and clean it constantly.
$85 will be good. I'll ship UPS once I get the payment.
Thanks

scooter8416

Sorry didn't respond quicker. Family was up from NC, its been a busy week.
Skimmer came undamaged. Good job packing it up. I spent a few day letting it soak in FW and then cleaning out the tube worms in it. How'd you get so many tube worms in the skimmer??? I don't have that many in my tank.

Thanks again,
Shawn
Here a pic of it all cleaned up.

brewercm

Very nice clean up job. That skimmer had been running for quite a while on my tank. First as the regular venturi then upgraded the pump etc. to the turbo. Only real difference I found in the two was cleaning maintenance was easier with turbo.
Good luck with it and glad it made it safely.

scooter8416

brewercm;
Finally got the skimmer up and running, and have some questions.
How should the skimmer be running, I had it going for 48 hours now. Started to foam then it stopped and started again. There is a table spoon of brown liquid in it though. Should the foam always be comming up in to the collection cup? or does it come and go like it has been doing? How did it run for you on your tank? What should the bubbles in the chambers look like too? I can adjust it so there is only bubbles in the center tube and I can adjust it so there is bubbles all over. What is right?
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get it running right.
Thanks,
Shawn

brewercm

The foam in the cup will come and go. The way the users manual says is the bubbles should be dialed in to where they are all over inside but not coming under and around that small acrylic skirt looking thing at the bottom. You'll see it once you start getting too many bubble because they will escape around the skirt. I usually had a little bit of bubbles escaping through just because bubble into my sump where it was hanging wasn't a huge deal.