WANTED: Overgrown fish!

novice150

I'm looking for one or two very large fish for my shark tank. They must be shark compatible (no angels/triggers/puffers, etc...) and of very large size. I'm most interested in groupers/sweetlips, but would consider others, as well as some sharks. No nurse or wobby's though.:)
If anyone has something that has either outgrown their tank, or that they're just ready to part with, please post here. I prefer local (Colorado) but I also have large boxes (complete with styrofoam/bags etc.) I can send to ship the fish in.

tony detroit

I could catch a sturgeon and slowly acclimate him to SW, of course he'd probably take out your black tip.
Fish out of lake erie have unsurpassed protection for exposure to random amounts of chemicals.
LOL
good luck with your search, have you thought about another leopard shark?

novice150

Tony: Yeah, I'd like to get another leopard. But the only ones I can find are too small.:) I'd like to find one 15" or more.

swilbs83

I know of a store that has a 3 foot remora. It is a very cool looking fish. The guy has had it for years, unable to find someone who can take it. It is currently in, and has always lived in, a small tank, barely able to turn around (I would say about 75g). But the thing has been active every time I've been in the store. He is in Iowa City. If interested, let me know I will give you his information. He also has large 2-3 foot leopard sharks pretty much all the time, housed with some lookdown fish.

jawz

hey side note here but how do u move that big of a fish, cuz like u cant exactly bag it......or can u? lol

S

slofish

novice, good luck on the search. Did you happen to have a pic of your tank. Ive never seen a 1700 gallon before. Thanx

Fish out of lake erie have unsurpassed protection for exposure to random amounts of chemicals.
But so do fish out Lake Ontario!:D

D

daniel411

Novice,
Interested in some bonnetheads? Email me I'll send you the contact info.

novice150

bbronco: not yet.:(
sohalwutang499 & SLOFish: just click the www button at the bottom of my post.
Jawz: It's actually pretty easy. Just bigger/stronger bags and boxes. Of course netting them can be an issue.
Daniel411: VERY much so. Please post your email addy.

bdhough

Novice whats wrong with the big angels,triggers,and puffers? They pick on sharks? What about a school of lookdowns?

novice150

bdhough: All three are notorious for picking/nipping at sharks. It seems the have a taste for cartillage/eyes.
SteelChromis: Thanks:) Build yourself one!