wanting to add phosban reactor

btwk12

I was looking up phosphate reactors, and I found that there are some pretty expensive ones out there that look just the same as the cheaper ones!! I was thinking about getting the 2 little fishies 550. it is $60 compared to almost $300 for an octopus that looks identical. can anyone here recommend a good one from experience I have my 100 gal reef now but just finished temporarily setting my new 240 long up last night so I want it to be big enough for about 400 gal total system.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwk12 http:///t/395685/wanting-to-add-phosban-reactor#post_3523320
I was looking up phosphate reactors, and I found that there are some pretty expensive ones out there that look just the same as the cheaper ones!! I was thinking about getting the 2 little fishies 550. it is $60 compared to almost $300 for an octopus that looks identical. can anyone here recommend a good one from experience I have my 100 gal reef now but just finished temporarily setting my new 240 long up last night so I want it to be big enough for about 400 gal total system.
Hi,
I have the Two little fishies, it works great, but it's for smaller tanks...just make sure you get the right GFO for it, and make the granules dance "just a little" or the pump is dialed up too high to be efficient. Bulk Reef supply has a duel reactor that isn't that expensive and it also works awesome for a larger tank.

btwk12

well two little fishies has a 150 and a 550 the smaller is rated up to 150 gal and the 550 is rated up to 600 gal. do u have the 550?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwk12 http:///t/395685/wanting-to-add-phosban-reactor#post_3523323
well two little fishies has a 150 and a 550 the smaller is rated up to 150 gal and the 550 is rated up to 600 gal. do u have the 550?
I have the smaller one, 150 rated for up to 150g...LOL.. I didn't even know a larger one existed.
I purchased The BRS reactor because the smaller one wouldn't attach to my 90g tank. I had no room in my stand to attach it to my sump. So I used Two Little Fishies one on my 56g
The GFO works great for removing phosphates. I have both just sitting in my garage...I broke down my 90g tank as a reef, and reset it as a cold water tank to keep potbelly seahorses . The 56g has Kuda seahorses. They both are loaded with macroalgae for the horses to hitch to, and with macros I don't have any nitrates or phosphates to be concerned with.
If you want to PM me, I will give you my private e-mail...we are not allowed to sell on the site.

btwk12

Ok another? What about running carbon and phosban in it at the same time? I was reading somewhere and im pretty sure he said he runs both at same time