wanting to swithc to a agressive tank

mhaines

I have right now a 55 gallon that I keep 55lbs of live rock and have a purple tang and a yellow tang, a kole tang, and a foxface plus a mated (big) percula clown fish. now I do have some snails, crabs, starfish also. But Iam getting in a week a 100 gal tank can I switch to a agrresive and I understand I will lose my snails and crabs. but about that starfish and what fish might I need to lose

cartman101

Originally posted by condork12
why do you say eels will give tangs ich?

Because i here tangs get ich very badly and my eel (when he smells food) will chase all my fish. so thats what iam guessing

moto757

are you setting up the 100 and putting all the fish in that or keeping the 55 too ? p.s i got two starfish with a trigger and a eel in my tank and sorry no ich from the eel my shrimp brushes his teeth

chandler04

Cartman101, first u say they "will" and now u "Guess". And fish can give another fish ich, a tang can give another fish ich. One sfe may chase around some fish, but another may not. Yer wrong yet again. And mhaines, u have way too many tangs in there. All the same shape tangs too. Im surprised u havent had any fights. That is way too small of a tank. A 55 is a good eel tank, u can probably pull of a sfe and a chainlink or sumthing like that, and maybe a dwarf lion, or a toadfish, but not much else. Not enough swimming space.

moto757

you have to get the trigger or the lion not both triggers will eat up a lion and slowly kill it both are nice i prefer triggers they are fast and move around alot which is why I like mine he is always looking for the next meal i would only have one or two tangs in your 100