was my yellow tang poisoned?

My yellow tang died today. He seemed very healthy before we moved our 125g. We only moved it from one room to another but it took all day. During the move, my son said he fell on my spiney black urchin. Afterword, he had a black dot on the fin below the belly. He then started acting weird. It doesn't help that the tank was really cloudy and sandy due to the move. That night the tank accidently got unpluged and it didn't filter all night. I discovered it the next day. No one else including the inverts are acting weird or stressed. My 6 line wrasse made the move in a piece of LR. I put LR in two buckets and walked down the steps and began to place it in the water. Not too long for LR to be out of water but long for a fish. I say a minute or 2. When I discovered him, I dumped him in. Did my spiny urchin poison my tang? Haven't checked water conditions yet because everyone else is doing great. I used the same water in the move and water was good before the move. Not ruling it out but it isn't my first suspicion.

t316

I have no expertise with urchins, but I'm sure the stab wound didn't help matters. My guess is that you stirred up some serious ammonia and that contributed as well. Sixlines are not as delicate, so it doesn't surprise me that he was not affected. Not sure what else you had in there.

You'd think my hippo tang and my cleaner shrimp would be the first to go if it were ammonia. Doing well. I know that black dots can be ich but this was just one larger dot about the size of a pencil eraser where my son says he fell. He thinks it was blood. It looked too black for blood.

t316

Yes, I agree about the hippo.
If you don't get much more responses here, move this over to the "disease & treatment" section and see what Beth has to say. Again, I don't have experience with Urchins so I don't really know what they are capable of. It doesn't sound like black ick. That would be tiny black spots, and no blood.