wat can i put in 55g?

j-j_02

i have a 55g and 1 penguin350 filter with 1 powerhead, live sand and some dead rock. i want to make it an aggressive tank. i was woundering wat kind of eel, lion, and puffer i can add. if u have any other suggestions please let me know thank you.

S

shark bait

snow flake eel would do ok, but no puffer would be able to spend it's life in that size. Some of the dwarf lions are good, but you might want some more action so I would do a community tank and keep away from the big guys as size, and lack of skimmer will become an issue and not end well. Sorry if that was not what you wanted to hear.

aw2x3

IMO, I'd have to say no on the Snowflake Eel, just because of their adult size. I know alot of people say it'd be great, but nothing less than a 90gal, for a Snowflake.
You could do Dwarf Puffers, such as the Valentini, in a 55gal but then you can't have any species of Lion.
Puffers are notorious for picking at the fins of Lionfish.
You're very limited to what you can do, aggressive wise, in a 55gal tank. IMO, if you're wanting to do an aggressive tank, a 55gal is pretty pointless.

aw2x3

If I had a 55gal, I'd go with a Dwarf Lion (Zebra in particular) and maybe a pair of Leaf Fish.
Maybe a pair of Splendid Pseudo Chromis and a Valentini Puffer (or a Saddleback Filefish).

j-j_02

ok i go it, wat if i put a snowflake eel, a valintini puffer, and a dwarf lion? that sounds good right.

aw2x3

As already said...
The snowflake will get too large and the Puffer will nip/pick at the Lions fins, eventually killing it.
Again, as already said...you're very limited to what you can do, with a 55gal tank, if you're wanting an aggressive tank.

craig_08

Go with a Frogfish or if you have some experience with saltwater already research into getting a bimac octopus. Bandensis cuttlefish maybe?

aw2x3

A 55gal is way too large for any species of Frogfish, besides the Commersons...and, they're a species only fish...so, only one per tank and with no other tankmates.
You could do a few Dwarf Lions (maybe a Zebra and a Fuzzy).