Watanabei Angel Help

kylev

Can anyone help me ID what is going on with my Watanabei angel on his head??? I just got it saturday and its currently in my 55g qt. Sorry the pics are not rotated right they appear correct until I attach them
Thanks

kylev

The spot is swelling up and parts of it appear as if its becoming an open wound. You can see a touch of lose skin around the area as well.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any other fish in the tank? Do you notice the fish nosing around, or bashing the nose area?
Can you get Maracyn Two for saltwater fish?

kylev

There is a leopard wrasse in the tank with him who seems to be doing very well. I have not noticed the angel ever bashing into anything. He's been just peacefully swimming around though when I left and just now got back from work today he's been roaming around that same pvc T
I'm not sure what Maracyn Two is but I just googled it and only saw it available for fresh water
Thanks for the help I really want this fish healthy!!!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Is it possible that the wrasse is harassing the angel? Can you put a divider between them.
You should check with your local fish store about the Maracyn Two. You can use the freshwater, but you'll need to double the dose.

gemmy

PetSmart carries maracyn 2 for both fresh and salt. They have a marine section and it is there (a lot of associates don't realize it's there).

kylev

Thanks everyone I will pick up some maracyn 2 tomorrow after work, the leopard wrasse is about 1.25" and the angel is about 4" so i'd be surprised if it was the wrasse irritating him. It also appears to be getting better today which is good but I'll still dose the maracyn to be safe.
Thanks again!

kylev

Here are some updated pics of the angel. It hasn't seemed to show a lot of improvement. It is active and eating well though. I did dose with maracyn 2 for the 5th day today. It was hard to get a good shot of his side but you can see a little sore hanging of his side as well, not sure what this is.
Thanks for any input!
Still havnt figured out why the pictures are attaching rotated but appear correct when I open them

kylev

I just noticed the wrasse has a white ball very small on both sides of him where his side fins tie into his body. I'm thinking its time to treat for ich. I leave to vegas on thursday morning until Sunday. Do you think Im better to start hypo now or after? I have someone staying at my house but don't really want to relay on him to treat for me. Or am I safe to get it down to 1.09 over the next few days?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
What is the size of the white ball?
How long are you going to be away?
I would still see about putting a divider between the two fish.

kylev

I will be away until Sunday, the white ball is maybe 1/32-1/16" in diameter. After looking at the angel real closely he seems to have a few spots as well so I started hypo last night and have tonight and tomorrow to get the lvl down then I'll have my house sister just monitor the salt lvl. I really don't wont the possibility of ich getting into my 280g dt
I'll pick up a divider and put it into the tank as well. Just curious is this because you think the wrasse is picking at the angles wounds? Not questioning you at all just want to understand cause it just seems like the angel would whop its little butt if he messed with him lol
thanks for the help its much appreciated
Kyle