watchman and shrimp

N

nereef

first time posting pics. some of my watchman and one with the pistol shrimp

N

nereef

mine isn't shy at all. he and the shrimp are the best thing in the tank to watch.

N

nereef

Originally Posted by NEreef
mine isn't shy at all. he and the shrimp are the best thing in the tank to watch.
another one

fishieness

sweet!~ i got a pink spot a while ago, but before he came out of QT, i realized that, since i decided to get a HOB overflow instead of drilling, i wont be draining my tank so i wont be able to have a deep sand bed, plus i have tons of corals on the same, so im worried that he will kill them from covering them. Too bad too because i have a hitchicker pistol shrimp in there too.

N

nereef

Originally Posted by fishieness
sweet!~ i got a pink spot a while ago, but before he came out of QT, i realized that, since i decided to get a HOB overflow instead of drilling, i wont be draining my tank so i wont be able to have a deep sand bed, plus i have tons of corals on the same, so im worried that he will kill them from covering them. Too bad too because i have a hitchicker pistol shrimp in there too.
that's too bad. you definately don't want a $20 fish killing $200 worth of corals.

mrdc

I loved it when my were paired up...so cool to watch. They aren't together any more since I rearranged my tank and the watchman lives in the overflow box. Once the dominos are removed I will return the watchman to the main tank. I like that last picture

I dug up a pic of mine

N

nereef

nice pic mrdc. when i introduced my goby and shrimp, they didn't find each other for almost 2 weeks. the goby always hid behind the skimmer's diffuser since my clowns are pretty mean. good luck catchin' your damn...sels

mrdc

It took awhile for mine to pair up also. I think the shrimp searched out for the goby because he tunneled from one end of the tank to the other which is where the goby was hanging out. I have a new idea on getting the damnsels out and I will post if it works.

N

nereef

good luck, and i hope you discover an easy way to catch the damsels.

mrdc

Originally Posted by NEreef
good luck, and i hope you discover an easy way to catch the damsels.

Thanks

faddn5

I have one that is shy but I dont mind because it makes it that more special when you do see him out.

bbb

What types of pistol shrimp do you have it paired with? I just got a yellow watchman and a tiger pistol shrimp in from this site yesterday. I'm hoping they'll pair up.

mrdc

Originally Posted by BBB
What types of pistol shrimp do you have it paired with? I just got a yellow watchman and a tiger pistol shrimp in from this site yesterday. I'm hoping they'll pair up.

Mine was a tiger pistol

bbb

Originally Posted by mrdc
Mine was a tiger pistol

I thought it looked like one. Mine scared the crap out of me when it started snapping at me when I put it in the tank yesterday.

mrdc

Yeah mine popped like crzay when I added him to the tank. I rarely ever see him now since the goby stays in the overflow box. My other pistol is a carribean and is much larger and doesn't bury himself but rather hangs out in a cave he built with rocks and some of the crushed coral left behind from the switch to sand.

fishieness

yeah, you realy arent going to see them unless they have a goby. They are almost blind, so without the keen eyes of a goby, they are easy targets. They use their antennae and if they feel the goby dart back in the hole, they know that they should too.