Water Changes

drew2005

Is 10% enough of a change every 2 weeks? 46 gallon with 70lbs of LR. Only clean up crew in there. Parameters are....
ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - <10
ph - 8.4
sg - 1.023

maurice

I would think it is enough,i personally like to change 10% every week,but i have a heavier bio-load also!I hear other like to change 15-20% every two weeks!

drew2005

Thanks for the replies guys. Ill stick to 10% every 2 weeks. I just dont have time to do it every week.

djultra

I run a carbon and phosphate reactor 24/7 and still do a 10% water change every week with no problems. You should be able to do a 10% every 2 weeks with no problems.

jester805

Originally Posted by djultra
I run a carbon and phosphate reactor 24/7 and still do a 10% water change every week with no problems. You should be able to do a 10% every 2 weeks with no problems.
Sorry to be stupid...but what's a "Carbon and phophate reactor?" :notsure:

djultra

Originally Posted by jester805
Sorry to be stupid...but what's a "Carbon and phosphate reactor?" :notsure:
I use one for carbon and one for phosphate by linking them together in my sump.

monalisa

I've been doing a 10% change weekly, but then I don't have my skimmer in yet. It just arrived on Friday, and I'm going to wait a while before putting it in (my Coral Beauty Angel has only been in the tank for about a week and half...don't want to disrupt things too much). Besides, I just put in a whole snail population today. One thing at a time.
So far though, the water changes have been working great. My test results have all been very stable (so far) at ph 8.4, ammon. 0, nitrites 0, and (finally) nitrates 0. I need to another test this week, probably Friday after work when I do my water change.
Lisa :happyfish

djultra

Originally Posted by sik72
hey djultra where did you get the thing????? and how does that work?? :help:
Your LFS should be able to get it for you or you can purchase it online at any of the online fish stores.
It works great no phosphates and my water is crystal clear