water circulation in reef tank

jond

My current set-up is an Oceanic 128 gal. RR. I use two Mag 9.5's as return pumps feeding custom spay bars. I am getting good movement, but I think it could be better and more random.
I am looking at two options currently, which would you recommend?
1) A Tsunami Wavemaker w/ 3 Maxi 1200's. $170.00. or,
2) Turbelle ¨ stream 6000 + w/ single controller. 1850 gal./hour and cost $290.00.
Thanks

richard rendos

If possible, use both.
I am getting ready to re-do my 120 gallon tank and will go with a very similar system. I have a red sea wavemaker pro with 3 maxi-jet 1200's, with one of them on an osci-wave that rotates it around 90 degrees every 60 seconds. I will be adding a Tunze Turbelle Stream 6060.

richard rendos

I guess it depends on the types of corals you plan on keeping...if you are doing SPS...you never have enough current...if you are doing LPS/leathers/softies then go with one or the other. I have not used the Tunze Turbelles yet, so I can't say how good they work, but I use the PH's on a wavemaker and am satisfied. I just want to increase flow for my SPS.

jond

I currently have LPS/leathers/softies, but would like to add some SPS. I think I will go with the wavemaker and powerheads and see how it goes.
Thanks again