Water Circulation????

fenwaypark

I have a 35G corner and I want to know if a SEIO M620 which produces 620 GPH is too much for my small tank. I dont have coral and only 6 small fish. If its too much can you suggest 2 smaller heads I could use. ***Also wheres the optimal placement of a strong powerhead? and If I dont go with the SEIO wheres a good place for 2 smaller heads?

murph145

thats not too much circulation that makes around 19x's turnover in your tank which would be good for some easy corals and fish are fine with that....
u could always get two smaller but id stay somewhere around that amount of flow and the seios are good cuz they give a broad flow pattern instead of a narrow one most power heads give

fenwaypark

I am thinking it would be better to have the SEIO with its wide flow even though I have read that it might be better to have 2 smaller ones. One pointed at the rock and one pointed at the sand. Also where would I place the SEIO? At the surface, middle or bottom? Whats the dilly?

murph145

id say place it middle and have it shotting across the entire tank.... u could even do another power head on the other side that will hit the seios flow and create random turbulent streams within the tank