water clarity

isthatright

my water just does'nt seem clear, it has tiny particles,like sand, i rinsed my white sponge filter but not the charcoal or the wahite pellets. i have a 405 fluval canister, do i need more filtration n what kind would sugggest, thanks for any comments.

dedecv3

I am having the same problem with mine. I have a nice HOB filter that came w/ a brick of carbon that I have not used yet. I will put the carbon in tonight and report back with the results.

isthatright

i do have HOB aquaclear , but it throws so many bubbles n i was told bubbles aren't good for swf, so i think i'll run it at night while the fish are resting n i dont have to listen to it. thanks guys

isthatright

my level is about 1 in from the top. why is it that i dont see a reply till i leave to look at another thread, come back n i missed a reply by n hour? weird.

dedecv3

I always click the "new posts" button at the time every time I come back to the site or if I want to see what threads have just been replied to recently.

isthatright

oh ok thanks. do u have sand in ur tank? i do n i bought a sand sifting star the other day n he doesn't move much, all water checks are good , thought it might be nitrates but its 10-15.

R

rcreations

Carbon will clear up the water and so will a UV Sterilizier.

isthatright

i rinsed the foam yesterday maybe i'll rinse the carbon , there 4 of em but i dont want to mess with the biological filter to much ,ya know.