Water Filtration

matt b

ok so what is a good water filtration system when i do water changes i just get watter out of my bath with a bucket and i no its not the best way so what do u guys think

scubaguy

I have heard good things about Coralife RO/DI systems. I am still waiting for Santa and the moving truck to visit. I do not own one yet.

saltymac

I suggest a ro/di fitler of some type. If you look on 1 of the

[hr]
sites, where I got mine, you can get a 6 stage delivered for around $110 or so... IMO the only way to go to avoid problems in the future. Trust me, you may get away with tap water for 6 months, but not much longer.

mchabot

I have the typhoon from Air Water Ice. Its a bit more money but I absolutely love it. The people there are very helpful too. My tap water has on average 280 ppm total dissolved solids and what comes out of the RODI is 0 ppm every time.

spiderfist

my tap water has been problem free since i moved in ; spring of 2000. after 2 years i quit testing it( except for specific gravity ). then again... i also dont age and aerate my water before i change the old either... and my fish are super healthy, colorful, never had a disease . . . and i even have inverts that have shown up and colonized the last 2 years.