water movement ideas??

pooch1

1st, let me say thanks for any advice that you have. I am lurking over here from the reef board. I have a 150gallon tenecor acrylic tank. There are 2 acrylic lids that come off of the top. I have under the tank plumbing that returns to 2 pvc's that are branched in 2. Therefore I can send water in 4 different directions. However, I'm still not finding that I have enough water movement. I orderd the squid but don't think I can use it based on my acrylic tank unless I leave the lids off. I was thinking about the moving power heads but would have a hard time placing them since my live rock goes all the way up the back of my tank. Any suggestions? I would like to get some more movement in the middle and bottom of my tank. I think the wavemaker looks cool but does it work? I could use regular or moving power heads with it......please help! :confused:

robchuck

Take a look at the Ocean Motions device. It would involve completely reworking your existing PVC returns, but would randomize your flow nicely!
If you're looking to increase your flow, your options are to get a bigger return pump, add powerheads in the tank, or add a closed loop.

acrylic51

Again I agree with Rob, and if the OM or CL is out of the pic you could build yourself a simple manifold system to get the powerheads out of the tank

acrylic51

Nice setup on the manifold... What size is the loc line? I had the same concept in mind but more outputs!!!! Thanks for the peek!!!!