Water Quality

flipmodez5

Hey,
I was wondering if anybody uses regular tap water or RO/DI water...cuz I use regular tap water mixed with AmQuel+...does an awesome job but I dont have crystal clear water...It was clear b4 but now its a lil cloudy...I have an awesome MTC skimmer and I have 2 Aquaclear filters....I change the foam inserts every month...so I jus want to kno what you guys do to get that crystal clear water....
Thanx!
:) :D

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I use RO/DI water and try not to add conditioners to my water. I do add calcium and I do buffer as needed.

tony detroit

There are so many factors to crystal clear water. First use RO/DI water, it will only help, it will never make things bad unless done wrong. Second skim well, filter well, have high water turnover (5x total system per hour or more), use activated carbon, you can use a uv sterilizer to help a little, a ozonizer on the inlet to your skimmer will help too, but the ozonizer and uv are not totally necessary. You can also use a micron filter such as a mag350. Not overfeeding and nutrient export will help also. These are only some, there are many ways like I said. The RO/DI water will not make a huge improvement on water clarity itself short term, but long term it will definitely help in the health of your system.:D