Water question

damndamsel

Hey all,
Have a reef tank (our first and only salt so far) 180 gal DSB assorted corals, inverts, and untill recent 2 fish.
Went to Cozumel for a week came gome to find our spiny blue Lobster dead. (had friend feed once while we were away plus he had plenty of snails he just loved to eat) We checked water parameters and all seemed ok.
Chalked this to the unknown but nothing do to tank conditions.
2 days ago we find our Hippo tang to be dead. Who seemed to be swimming very healthy the night before and was eating normal. Also while looking closer at the tank we find our sand sifter star fish slowly decaying. No clue when he died had not noticed.
All of our coral are doing great (actually seem to be thriving) and our 3 stripe damsel (oh die already you spawn of satan) is doing great,yet we figure we better check the water anyway.
Water temp stable, Lighting cycle as it has always been, no algea blooms detected and all water test 100% perfect. I do not check for copper or phosphate.
So two questions
1: in 4 years I have never gotten an "off" readin with testing. Use Aquarium Pharm liquid test kit. Could I just have super great luck with our water or should I get a new test kit?
2: Anything we can check that we have not? Like any common things? Thanks in advance

jimmy g

Well maybe your test kits have expired...I would get new test kits and see what that says or take your water to ur LFS and let them test it