water system equipment problem-help me!

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help... here is some history...I purchased my first saltwater aquarium last year from a friend. In this purchase I also got a water system. It was a great deal, but he didn't have any of the paperwork for all of the equipment including the water system. We have been trying to find the directions and information for each item we now own but the water system is difficult. There is no name on the equipment. We are desperatly needing some new filters for the system but have no idea what we need or where to get it. Basically we know it makes Ro water but we don't know what the water system is made up of, we don't know what the canisters each are compared to each other...
Any help would be appreciated!

reefforbrains

hit the phone book for a local plumbing supply and then just take them the filters.
Hand them to the person behind the counter and say " I would like some new ones please"
Or-
Not an absolute, but most systems have filters that are interchangable to come degree. Someone in the field that knows R/O units should recognize it for what catigory it falls under and track down a replacement pretty quickly.
No numbers or distinguishing labels/ logos on the filters themselves? Small dot matrix printed letters on the top side of each filter?
Good luck but I bet it is easier then you think. Just havnt looked up the right local person yet.
-RFB

bluemarlin56

possibly airwaterice brand ,looks very simular to mine. i too bought mine used .also had to search the web for info on mine .just ordered replacement cartridges for mine have a 5 stage rated 75 gph hpoe this helps