i hope that my water test is ok
Nitrate NO3= 10
Nitrate NO2= 0.50
Ammonia NH3/NH+4 = 8.0
High Range PH= 7.8
i hope and pray that its ok
:confused:

the claw

Not the best results. You should be looking at near zero results for your nitrates, nitrites and ammonia, and your ph should be higher. This could be caused from several things. How long has your tank been up and running? Do you just have the four clowns and one tang? What kind of filtration are you using? Do you have liverock? When was your last water change?

all i have is 3 clowns one tang and a puffer and i dont have any live rock in the tank.. im going to change the water this week..
the filtration that i use is H.O.T. Magnum Hang-On-Tank Convertible Canister Filter

the claw

Without starting a total panic, I believe your aammonia is at toxic levels, and your fish are in danger. (IMO anyways) You need to do an emergency water change NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm unfamiliar with your filter, so I'm not sure if it's just the fact you have too much bio-load for the type of filtration you have (Lack of live rock and circulation acting as a bio filter) Have you had any recent losses to cause this spike.

the claw

(agree with JW Trojan) I'm guessing your tank wasn't cycled properly. You need to do a 25% water change now, and then another one soon. What does anyone else think? I don't know I think the ammonia is more dangerous than a slight ph swing at this point.

Where at in Virginia are you? 3 clowns a tang and a puffer in a 8 week old tank?:(
You need some help my friend and I do believe you came to the right place.Check my post in the other thread you started,maybe tank a water sample to your lfs and have them check it for you.
David

i did a 25% water change i hope that it works if there is anyone that lives in Va and would like to come to my house and make sure that the tank is good please let me know and how much you will charge me to do this????

If I lived close enough I would do it for FREE!!! I live in NewportNews.Have you doubled checked your ammonia reading?
Something is'nt right.................

What kind of water are you using to change the water? Just a shot in the dark but I bet it is tap water. Check it now.
What are you using for substrate/Do you have a sump or a fuge?Can you take the fish back to the lfs until we all get things straightened out? Double check the ammonia..we will start there.But we need the other questions answered that have been asked to be able to help you more...........I do believe I smell VERY BAD LFS ADVICE!:eek:
David

R

rkhlk

I was getting strange readings for awhile with my test kit then i started to make sure that the same viles were used for the same test every time. label them and only use them for that test ( ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates, Ph, and so on) and don't mix them or the caps that go on them trace elements might throw off your readings.

before i had the fish in the tank the water was good.... and yes i used tap water becuae my REVERSE OSMOSIS SYSTEMS should be here by friday i hope
:confused: