Water top off system

drummerboy

Can anyone help me find plans for a simple gravity fed water top of system? Every where I look I only find complicated ones that involve an air pump to drive the water out. Is there no way to make a dosing system simply using gravity? I would like to use one of the 2.5 gallon jugs that I get my ro water in. I can figure everything else out with the needle valve and all, but how to attach the end to the jug is my problem. They don't make a sort of bulk head for airline tubing do they? Any help would be appreciated.

wamp

Drill a hole in the jug. Put your tubbing in the hole and then silicone around the hole. Has worked for me. Just be sure and let it dry completly before adding water.

drummerboy

Thanks wamp, seems easy enough. If I wanted to dose kalk through this I would want to put the hole a couple of inches from the bottom correct? And would I want to punch an air hole in the top so the water would flow out, or would that ruin the kalk (sorry, I haven't had any experience with kalk yet). Oh, and I stopped by your web site for the first time today, very nice!