Waterproofing a stand

I will soon start construction on my custom stand for my first SW tank. What can I use to help waterproof the inside where the fuge will be? Keep in mind I will have to be able to pick it up at either Lowes or Home Deopt. Where I live my options are limited.

snakeblitz33

You could paint the inside and outside with a glossy paint. Kilz is pretty good, but I use Rustoliem personally. If you want an extra layer or protection - or you are staining the inside and outside of the stand, sand and seal it and use a clear gloss finish or polyurethane.

acrylic51

Epoxy paint could be an option....You could also paint the inside of the stand as Snake suggested and then line it with FRP board and seal.....

I will be staining the outside of the tank and then clear coating that probably with polyurathane or lacquor (sp?).
The inside I was hoping to get it a light gray or white to reflect the light.

snakeblitz33

sounds good. You could just clear coat the inside of the stand after the paint is dry too... that would pretty much take care of everything.
Oh, and you might want to consider calking all of the seems in the inside of the stand before painting. I put a small bar on the back of my stand and calked everything in, so I have about 3" of standing water that it can hold before my stand overflows. Neat trick. :D

I found this that I may try
Seal-Krete Epoxy-Seal Gallon ********/Exterior White Satin Porch and Floor Paint
Gallon ********/Exterior White Satin Porch and Floor Paint

• ********/Exterior high traffic areas

• Ideal for garage floors, driveways, shop floors, basements, pool decks, etc

• Dries to a satin finish

• Resists scuffing, peeling, blistering and fading
    Formulated to resist hot tire pick-up, chemicals, oil, grease and gasoline stains
    3 times more durable than floor paint
    Soap and water clean up
    Very low odor