wats this thing

dfishh

sorry i dont have a pic, i know that its annoying to id sumthin w/o a picture but ill describe it as best i can. there r two on an old piece of lr i had that deffinitly werent there wen i got it. they r tiny now, im pretty sure the hed of sum worm. theyr like darkish green and they look sort of like miny plants coming out of the lr. i am thinking they r spegetti worms maybe? not sure. if my description does not help, could anybody post a pic of a spagetti worm so i can c if it is or isnt a spagetti worm? just wanto know wat these things r, and if they good
DAVE

jarvis

Im guessing its some type of algea. I had some growing from uncured figi but after prunning it back to the base of the rock it died off and the emerald crabs took care of the fine prunning. Does it retract back into the rock when you touch it? spagetti worms are kinda clear.

sammystingray

Quote........."theyr like darkish green and they look sort of like miny plants coming out of the lr"
My guess is algae.....you don't mention even if it moves......no pic? need LOTS of info.

sammystingray

BTW "r" equals ARE.:D Sorry, but I find slacking chatroom type hard to read.....seriously. There was a guy who posted his website not long ago, and I barely understood a word of it.....iT wAs So hARd 2 rEEd. What other info do you have?

dfishh

hehe, never thought of alge, cuz it didnt seem to grow much, ya know like most alge does. sorry about the typing, i'll try to make it more understandable next time. sry about no pic, they are so tiny and my camera does not have a macro mode, at least not that i know of, so i guess ill just be satisfied that its alge. thanx
DAVE