Watts your lighting? Please list some specs.....

ryebread

Hello fellow hobbiests-
I've been fooling around with different lighting variations for several months now trying to find something that I really like..........new VHO........different MH etc, etc...
I haven't been successful in getting "that" lighting that I've always wanted. Tank is always too yellow or too blue or too boring. Well, I finally got something I'm really pleased with!
Final Lighting Combo that made me happy is this:
Actinic 03 URI VHO
Aquasun URI VHO
2 x 250w XM 20,000k MH
Actinic 03 URI VHO
Super Actinic URI VHO
The point I'm getting to is this.......what lighting combination has finally made you happy?

blk822

I have always used URI bulbs. I run 3 110watt actinics, and 3 110watt white/actinics. These all sit about 1" off the water of my 75 gal. I have always loved the way everything looks.

birdy

One 250w, Ushio 10k MH, two 95w URI super actinic VHO's.
Looks good to me over my 58gal. 10k is pretty yellow all by itself though.

chinnyr

I now have 2x 110w vho actinic and 2x 175w MH 10k.It gives it that shimmering underwater look.My other tank has 2x 95w vho actinic and 2x 95w vho whites.

K

kistheeze

Rye - what's the diff. between the actinic 03 URI's and the Super Actinic URIs - do the super actinics have a secret ingredient to irradicate stains?
The lighting I run right now isn't my ideal - it's a little yellow... Running 2X175W 10k Ushios and 2X65W Actinic 03 PC's....
The plan is, in a few months (hopefully) to slap this system on my 75 and upgrade the bigger tank to 250 HQI 10k XM's and Run 440w of VHO actinic. - I've seen that combo on other tanks and I like it....
The other one that was particularly pleasing - and suprisingly not as blue as I would have thought was 400W radiums on HQI ballasts with minimal VHO supplementation... WOW - what amazing colors out of everything that guy gets...

currently I run 2x75w VHO . . . one 50/50 and one 03. Pretty crisp white color and a touch of blue.
I think that on the next set up I will run a 250w DE 20K and thats it . . .

lestregus

i run 440 vho on my 75 2 uri super actinic and 2 uri super whites.. i think this gives a fairly natural look while still bringing out the color in your corals.. i don't want corals to look blue that arent supposed to be blue :D i plan on adding some MH in the future but not sure what bulb yet...

reefer1

Just got my new lights today, 3 DE 250 14000k mh and 2 95w 50/50pc , looks like natural sunlight, will be couple of weeks before all screens are removed (slow acclimation to new light), but then it will be great:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

robchuck

Right now I'm running 2x175W MH (1x 10,000K Ushio & 1x 10,000K AB) with 96W Actinic 03 PC. Once I take my canopy off to stain and poly it, everything will be replaced with 2x250W MH using the PFO 13,000K bulb unsupplemented.

kpk

I ordered my new setup so I will have to see how it looks...I am going to run 2 uri actinics and 2x250w mh 14k hamiltons.

nm reef

I'm still working with the lighting on the new display but currently I'm running 2x250 65k Iwasakis and 2x110 URI super actinics. The combination looks good but still is a bit on the yellow side for my tastes. I'm seriously considering a 400 Ushio in the center. Later this week I may borrow a ballast/fixture from a fellow reefer and see how the 10k Ushio will look before I spend the cash on the retro. I'll definitely need to add a third MH either way...running 2x250 on the 5' display leaves a shadow in the middle in the shape of a "V"...but what I'll add is still up in the air...I want to eventually have a bright white lighting with all of them on and run the actinics 1.5 hrs before and after the MH's for a dawn to dusk effect.

fender

1 x 400w 10k Coralvue
2 x 95w VHO URI Super 03
Still a little too yellow.
I think I may go to a 20k MH with 50/50 next go round.

zanemoseley

I just fired up my new lighting yesterday, I'm running 2X250w 10k XM bulbs and 2X55 Actinic 03, the tank looks great, it looks completely white to me, I heard the XM's don't look good till 100hrs burn in but I think my looked crisp white right out of the box, I'm running them on standard magnetic ballasts.

dburr

The point I'm getting to is this.......what lighting combination has finally made you happy?
I'm still not happy:D I have 2 175w 10k Coralvue and 2 NO atinics. Next time I order bulbs i'm going prolly to the 12k. I want just a little more blue.:D

ags

3 x 110 watt URI atinics
3 x 110 white atinics
over a 90 gallon tank.
I like to err on the side of slightly blue, makes the coral glow, which I like.

niger12

I run a combination of lights.
2 55w PC Actinic 03
2 55w PC 10K
2 35w T5 Actinic
2 35w T5 10K
360w total over my 35g
My hood is very cramped. I have run these lights seperately at different times. Some of my corals prefer PC and some seem to do better under T5. My new tank is being set up with a single 400w MH.

well I run 2x250 watt 20,000k xm on my 150 as soon as my new house is done and I set up my 210 I am going to run 3x250 20,000k xm I though they where just cheap bulbs but I really like them
come on guy no pictures