wave 2k

sign guy

just bought one from rynka she is going to send me a few extra parts and then I am going to set it up at nick's (aquatic pets) to see if I am going to get another one since the tank I am going to use it on wont be set up till the summer
email me and ill let you know when I go down to set it up patrickdennis@charter.net

J

jrthomas40

that is ironic...seeing how we were just talking about this in another thread...lol

J

jrthomas40

yeah...when you get it you will have to let us know how it goes....i just read that you have to drill through the tank

cwgibson

journey how do yours look on the end of your tank? i thought about doing that but my tank is in my living room thought it might look weird.

J

jrthomas40

i wish it told you how much gph the smaller and corner units make.....i am a little sketchy on the big center unit being so strong...i only want medium flow

cwgibson

Flow Features:
1 = Corner Unit: Low to medium flow in 55 gallons
2 = Center Unit: High flow to 120, good flow to 180
3 = 2 Corner Units: High flow to 55, medium flow to 90
4 = 2 Center Units: Very high flow
i found this does that help

1knight164

Originally Posted by sign guy
I am planning to meet up with the inventer soon and will start up a thread when I go
Thanks for doing all the legwork on this one!
And thanks for the link as well. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

J

jrthomas40

yeah really that is pretty cool of you....i seen that chart but it doesnt really tell me anything i am in that middle range with a 90g tank so if a center unit is high flow to a 120 then i know it is high flow for my 90 and the way my tank is made i dont have room for 2 corner units...so i am very confused how i would find that happy medium

cwgibson

ok i just read journey's thread from when he installed his, and he mentioned his sand went everywhere for awhile. how much if any damage would this do to my fish and corals.

J

jrthomas40

with a 210 i would think that after the intial sand "dusting" everything should settle and you would be cool with 1 center unit and 2 corners

J

jrthomas40

i just seen a pic of the corner units...i was thinking they were bowed in the front like a corner over flow but they are just like the center units just smaller

cwgibson

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
with a 210 i would think that after the intial sand "dusting" everything should settle and you would be cool with 1 center unit and 2 corners
journey got 2 centers and put them on each end. reading his thread (at the bottom of this one) he seemed to think 1 center was plenty.

J

jrthomas40

thats cool...the dimensions on the corner units dont make sense...what are the dimensions of your tank???? would one center unit in the middle of your tank and 2 corner units be good for you?? you probably have dual overflows dont you??

cwgibson

my tank is 72-24-30,with dual overflows. i center would give me about 19x turnover and 2 centers, one at each end would be about 38x. so i guess one would be fine ,but 2 wouldnt hurt.