wave boxes

jtwilson

anybody know of any good wave boxes for a 55 gal reef? I have looked at the tunze, and wave 2k. From what i have herd the tunze is the best but would this be too much for a 55 gal or do they make some for that size? please help, thanks

ebsochin

I have 2 of the center units (Wave2K) in my 180. Excellent. The guy who invented them and makes them is extremely helpfull if you have any issues. Personnaly I have had to do maint on one, but they do an excellent job of flow and water movement. I no longer have to have any annoying power heads in my tank.
For a 55gal, 1 unit would be simply great. They have corner units as well if you want to go that route. As far as the tunze, I have heard great things about them. I almost went that route but it was a little too pricey for me.

jtwilson

thanks ebsOCHIN, hey do you think that 1 corner unit would be enough for a 55 gal?? anybody else hear anything about a tunze wave box in a 55 gal? :notsure:

ebsochin

On the sight it states with 1 corner unit in a 55gal it is low to medium flow. So unless you are planning on SPS or high flow corals, you could probably just get 1. Personally I would get 2 for even flow throughout the tank. That way you don't get ANY dead spots.

tony detroit

I think you'd be better suited in a 55 with 2 good powerheads.
JMO/JME
I don't think mine would pulse fast enough to make waves in a 55.