Wavebox and a few questions

rcdude1990

Hey guys, its been a long time since of been on here and on my 125gallon tank in a while due to school. Well its almost over and im looking to get back into my 125.
I found a deal on a tunze nano wavebox on another site. Would this wavebox be suitable for my 125? The webste saids it can support up to 138 gallons so i figure its fine but your opinions would help. Im looking to get a small wave that will move most of the water around the tank, including the sandbed. Basically if i place a xenia at the bottomw of the tank, it will sway with the wave.
Also i just pirchased a rodi unit and plan to set it up today. Is a garbage can a suitable item to use as storage? Also i plan to buy a velocity external pump to use as a pump the help mix and circulate the water in the garbage can

acrylic51

It be basically maxed for your tank....If you google you can actually make your own wavebox utilizing tunzes and a little DIY project.

rcdude1990

what would be the diy?
also i have a HOB overflow, in order for the wave to work and the overflow not to break suction i guess i would have to have the overflow box low correct?

acrylic51

The DIY part is building the "box" enclosure for the Tunze PH, and you'd also have to build the controller as well. Not sure how it would affect a HOB filter....Should be fine IMHO.....I can't imagine the nano wave box producing a huge wave in a tank that size, and isn't your suction tube for the HOB overflow down a ways in the tank.........

rcdude1990

ohhh i see. yea i noticed that cool DIY but the nano box already has all that lol, and hes selling it to me for 200 so not bad at all to me. and my HOB overflow only god into the water about a foot deep, im sure it shouldnt be a problem though, ill keep you guys updated
i think its worth the purchase