Wavemaker keeps falling off glass, blowing sand everywhere

paulyd1978

I have a koralia wavemaker in my 55 gallon reef and the suction cups keep coming unstuck from the glass. This is about to drive me nuts! I'll come back to the aquarium with the wavemaker pointing straight down at the bare bottom and sand swirling everywhere and getting all over my corals. This has happened twice now. I tried to superglue it to the inside of the glass but this wouldn't work.

Has anyone had this problem before? TRying to avoid having to go buy a new one with the magnet. Has anyone seen an attachment you can buy that actually replaces the suction cups with the magnet?

flower

Originally Posted by Paulyd1978
http:///forum/post/3222557
I have a koralia wavemaker in my 55 gallon reef and the suction cups keep coming unstuck from the glass. This is about to drive me nuts! I'll come back to the aquarium with the wavemaker pointing straight down at the bare bottom and sand swirling everywhere and getting all over my corals. This has happened twice now. I tried to superglue it to the inside of the glass but this wouldn't work.

Has anyone had this problem before? TRying to avoid having to go buy a new one with the magnet. Has anyone seen an attachment you can buy that actually replaces the suction cups with the magnet?

I used a clear fishing line to secure my power heads in a good spot...(before magnets) ... I hated those things, now if it doesn't have a magnet I won't bother to buy it. The fish line works good, but a real pain to move whatever you attach it too during maintenance each time.