Wavemaking Questions

malibu599

Ok, here is the deal. I want to make my take have waves. It does not matter how expensive I have to go, but I want to keep it as neat and non messy as possible. I have read about the dump buckets, I don't want to attempt this. Also, I have heard that the Powersweep powerheads are JUNK!! I have a 46 gallon bowfront tank. With currently, two 145 gph Penguin Powerheads. I am wondering if I add another powerhead what should I add? And also should I hook them up to a wavemaker timer or can I simply use a cheap timer and put it on a random timer? I am getting confused. Also what is the biggest powerheads that I can put in this tank without disturbing my fish.

cobra2806

I use a light-wave however they don't produce these anymore. There is also a surge protector looking thing available for $45 it basically has a couple of timers built in. My experience with Penguin PH is that its noisy on start up. Mine made a clicking noise that scared the fish. Maxi jets are quiet and can handle the stopping and starting.