wax32's 15g Oceanic

wax32

It's been quite a while since I've posted here, but I haven't gotten out of the hobby...
Last summer I downsized from my 70 Oceanic to a 15 gallon custom from Oceanic. The 70 was in my snake room and there was just no way to sit in there and enjoy it. The 15 is now in the living room, so I get to see it everyday.
The tank's dimensions are 1'x1'x2'.
Current equipment includes:
Lighting: CurrentUSA 24" Orbit PC 2x65w w/ Lunar L.E.D.s
Skimmer: AquaC Remora
Filtration: Eheim Ecco 2236 (Rated for 80g tank)
Heater: 50w Stealth
Other: Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206
I got the tank set up about a month before Hurricane Gustav crashed into the New Orleans area. We actually didn't lose power, so my cycle didn't get interrupted. :D
The new 15g sat empty except for some (more or less dead) rock from my 70 for a couple of months. The pod growth was insane! As of now the tank has been set up for about 8 months. I started stocking the tank in earnest during December of '08.
Inhabitants as of today:
Fish:
Amphiprion frenatus
Amblyeleotris randalli
2 tiny Damsel's of unknown genus
Inverts:
Astraea sp.
Cerithium sp.
Nassarius
sp.
Calcinus tibicen
Calcinus laevimanus
Clibanarius tricolor
Hymenocera elegans
Entacmaea quadricolor

Coral:
Discosoma spp.
Seriatopora guttatus
Acropora sp.
Montipora sp.
Zoanthus spp.
Palythoa spp.
Pachyclavularia sp.
Clavularia sp.
Rhodactis sp.

I'll start posting some photos of the tank and it's inhabitants next post!

wax32

First, some pictures I took December 2008 after I had begun slowly stocking the tank...
Full Tank Shot: you can see I played with a Tunze Nanostream for awhile. I eventually got rid of this and got the Wavebox instead.

A few Discosoma
and zoanthids:

The little Tomato Clown:

The Harley:

The Randall's Goby:

The Cornish Rex warming himself on the Orbit fixture, LOL:

wax32

Here are a few current ones:
Full Tank Shot:

The clown and his BTA:

Discosoma
and Halimeda
:

A little larger view, you can see the Bird's Nest:

wax32

One of the little damsels:

Anyone want to hazard a guess?
By the way, I know I am "overstocked" with fish, so don't feel like you have to tell me so.

You can see the Wavebox in the background. Kinda looks like an overflow box, but it isn't! You can see a pesky Aiptasia
too if you look close.

bs21

yea i took a hiatus from the boards for a while also so have no idea how long its been?
if memory serves me though i definately remember you being a mod at one point correct? and also posting som excellent pics.

wax32

Low on the right side of the tank I have a few small bullseye shrooms:

When I first added them they bleached/melted a bit, but seem to be rebounding. I've never had much luck with Rhodactis
but I was able to get this frag cheap so I figured I'd give it a try!

wax32

Originally Posted by bs21
http:///forum/post/3001921
yea i took a hiatus from the boards for a while also so have no idea how long its been?
if memory serves me though i definately remember you being a mod at one point correct? and also posting som excellent pics.
Nah, I was never a mod but I posted a lot, mostly photos of my zoanthids and hermits.
It's been a year and a half since I last logged on, I figured it's about time.

bs21

ahh oh well the mind is slipping then but all the same the more knowledge on the boards the better.