Way of cleaning filter sock

G

gwhunter

I've got two filter socks in my wet dry. There mostly for secondary filtration and bubble removal. But the get dirt over the coarse of a month or so. So how do you guys clean them. I've tried to simply wash them clean but haven't had much luck.
Matt

scsinet

Rinsing out the major gunk is the major goal. I wouldn't expect them to turn perfectly white again.
As long as you wash out the filth and water runs through freely, you are probably okay.

bla403

I run them in my washing machine. I set it to hot/cold and put it in for like 10 minutes. Comes out 90% clean. No detergent!!

bla403

o yeah I also run a 2nd cycle after I take the socks out as my gf wants me to "clean the washer" before she puts anything in it.

G

gwhunter

I'm pretty sure mine are 100 micron socks. I was thinking the washer might work but I'll need to do it while the war dept isn't around. I washed them out with hot water.
Matt

I was just came on to post a thread on this. How convenient. So this verifies my question. So it sounds like a lot reuse their filter socks. If you wash them in the machine doesn't it collect the chemicals in the tap water? Hope that isn't a dumb questions.