We need a sticky

srgvigil

We need a sticky on "lighting and anemones"(one subject not two). I don't know enough to write one but if someone would it would probably save alot of thread space

reefkprz

I'll write something up but it'll take me a couple weeks to nail down some exact facts on a couple species of anemone I am not familiar with

michaeltx

ok how about both reefkprZ and SrgVigil nail it and each choose 1-2 different anemones to do a write up on and then we can merge them together.
Mike

reefkprz

sounds great, which anemones would you like to write up SrgVigil? I'll pick two others that are know to host clown fish.

michaeltx

• carpet Stichodactyla haddoni
  • BTA and RBTA Entacmaea quadricolor
  • LTA Macrodactyla doreensis
    seabae Heteractis crispa or H. malu
    Ritteri Heteractis magnifica
I know I am missing some here is another list of 10 anemones that host different clowns
#1 Cryptodendrum adhaesivum, #2 Entacmaea quadricolor, #3 Heteractis aurora, #4 Heteractis crispa #5 Heteractis magnifica, #6 Heteractis malu, #7 Macrodactyla doreensis, #8 Stichodactyla gigantea, #9 Stichodactyla haddoni, #10 Stichodactyla mertensii
Clownfish/Damsel Species/Anemone # as above
A. ephippium, Red Saddleback Clownfish 2,4
A. frenatus, Tomato Clownfish 2
A. fuscocaudatus, Seychelles Anemonefish 10
A. latezonatus, Wide-Band Anemonefish 4
A. latifasciatus, Madagascar Anemonefish 10
A. leucokranos, White-Bonnet Anemonefish 4,5,10
A. mccullochi, McCulloch's Anemonefish 2,4
A. melanopus, Red & Black Anemonefish 2,5
A. nigripes, Maldive's Anemonefish 5
A. ocellaris, False Clown Anemonefish 5,8,10
A. omanensis, Oman Anemonefish 2,4,9
A. percula, Clown Anemonefish 4,5,8
A. perideraion, Pink Anemonefish 4,5,7,8
A. polymnus, Saddleback Anemonefish 4,7,9
A. rubrocinctus, Australian Anemonefish 2,8
A. sandaracinos, Orange Anemonefish 4,10
A. sebae, Sebae Anemonefish 9
A. thiellei, Thielle's Anemonefish none
A. tricinctus, Three-Band Anemonefish 2,3,4,10
Premnas biaculeatus, Spine-Cheek Clown 2
Dascyllus trimaculatus, Domino Damsel 2,3,4,5,7,8,9 ,10
this may help you guys in your write up just let me know who is doing which anemone and all that good stuff.
Thanks guys
Mike

reefkprz

I'll do carpet and LTA since I have started rechecking on information on them, I'll get back with a write up in a week or two.

perfectdark

I can offer up some info if there is still a need for it. I have done a lot of research on many different species of them, particularly BTA's but not limited to them. But if its all covered I wont bother... but Im here if needed.

perfectdark

FWIW, I also believe it is important, and this maybe something that the mods might want to add to the sticky. I hear it asked all the time, "Why if I have perfect water chemistry, do I have to wait at least 6 to 8 months before I can get an anemone?" This is one of the most misunderstood and often ignored step when inquiring an anemone. Most new hobbiests impulse buy their animals and then question why people tell them their tank isnt mature enough, to keep one, even with good water quality.
Again I am offering to help, but I dont want to double it up if someone else has it covered.

reefkprz

how about you do the BTA and I'll Pm you for some relevant crossover information about the wait period.

michaeltx

Hey perfect I got your email just havent had time to really read it hopefully tomorrow I will be able to.
so reefkprz is doing carpet and LTA and perfect is doing BTA's is that right?
Mike

perfectdark

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
http:///forum/post/2579608
Hey perfect I got your email just havent had time to really read it hopefully tomorrow I will be able to.
so reefkprz is doing carpet and LTA and perfect is doing BTA's is that right?
Mike

ok cool,
Yep... so far, I have info on Condy's too...if needed.