Webcam

saltymom

anyone have a webcam aimed at thier saltwater tank for viewing?
I would love to see sumtime.
...I have one on my FW Angels...alotta people I meet online enjoy lookin at em! I will deffinately set it up for viewing my saltwater tank when it gets all purdy!
:silly: Angi

jeepboy

I've thought of setting one up to take shots and upload them to the web automatically. That way I could check on my tank while out of town and if needed call someone to stop in and fix something. I haven't found a usb cable that is long enough since my computer is on the other side of house.

saltymom

good idea..its functional and enjoyable! ...You can always do like me..and move that computer and all its garb across the house to the tank!! This thing has been EVERYWHERE! My mom says I "stir" my furniture too much!! ...and My hubby says that since we got married he cant find a (Insert a "sentence enhancer" here) thing he owns!

jeepboy

Saltymom,
I can not access it at work, but added your nick to my list (my nick is clark_runner). I hope to set my cam up over xmas break.

buzz

I've been thinking of setting up a tank cam...I would love to be able to check out the tank when I'm at work...

dan-in-den

I use WebCam from Camarades.com. You can see the tank (and usually me sitting in front of the aquarium) during the "lights on" period (about 8am to 8pm MST)
go to http://danindenver.ontvnow.com
If I'm at my desk, you can ask me to move the camera around and I'll be happy to oblige.
Tank is still in its infancy (about 2 months) and I just started adding fish this past week.
Lighting is terrible. I haven't finalized my lighting plans yet so only have 3 NO flourescents sitting over the middle of the tank.
Current inhabitants:
6 green chromis
1 black cap basslet
2 neon blue goby
lots hermit crabs
3 peppermint shrimp
10 Mexican turbos
20 Astreas
7 green ricordea
88 pounds of Haitian rock
65 pounds of Eva rock

saltymom

Hey Dan!
...really cool web cam! I peeked in just a minute ago!!
Thanks for sharing.
I wanna say Howdy out there in Colorado! I have family in Auroa...I havent been out West in YEARS!
Take care!
~Ang

dan-in-den

Most of the time I forget that the cam is on and end up standing in front of it watching the tank. Soooo, if you get a butt shot, sorry :hilarious
It was 4 degrees this morning when I woke up so you are lucky you're not here right now :scared: