Wednesday's 9 pack

ctgretzky9

Not fair! You live in jamaica (as in the island I assume...not Queens ny?) You can just grab some scuba gear and see all of that in a real life fish tank called the carribean!
All I have is the long island sound
I can see exactly 3" into it
What I can see is mud

jam marine

ctgretzky

[hr]
sorry i did not gret back to u earlier,yea i do live in jamaica the island,i dont scuba,but i have friends that do,i will snorkel occasionally,afraid of sharks an barracudas,the times before hurricane Ivan the reefs were beautiful,but after complete devastation

carbvan

I live on the coast in North Carolina, can you use the water from near the beaches or do you have to get off the coast x-amount of distance to collect your water. Just curoius, because going and getting the water would be easier than trying to mix.

fastmarc

Originally posted by carbvan
Just curoius, because going and getting the water would be easier than trying to mix.

My corals definitely react positively when I pour in the NSW. Serious polyp extensions.
Try and get it from somewhere where there is low risk of run-off from civilization. That would rule out a public beach. Somewhere secluded.
I also do not collect after heavy rains for fear of land pollutants.
Also, in my case, from sea to tank in 15 mins.

francis

Originally posted by Fastmarc
My corals definitely react positively when I pour in the NSW. Serious polyp extensions.
Try and get it from somewhere where there is low risk of run-off from civilization. That would rule out a public beach. Somewhere secluded.
I also do not collect after heavy rains for fear of land pollutants.
Also, in my case, from sea to tank in 15 mins.

Aha! so that's the secret! i, my self have used NSW also. & now using mixed water for top off. So i guessed i better get my self a NSW again...but ofcourse notin a public beach:thinking:
:D

jam marine

Rubberduck

[hr]
the tank been up for 3.5 years,but it has not been all glory,u name it i have been through it hairy algae an all,fastmarc can attest to this,i remember the days when i used to use a tooth brush an scrub algae an by the next day it was back,in this hobby trust me patience is a virtue:D