Weird Critter

jzim

Thanks in advance.
Having a little trouble with my tank. A couple of weeks ago, my fiance and I left the state to get married for about a week. Our next door neighbor was kind enough to come over and feed the fish for us - but unfortunately there was a problem.
Somehow the powerstrip that everything (lights, filter, heater, powerheads) became unplugged from the wall. No idea how this happened. My neighbor said he tried to turn the lights on because they never came on when he came to feed. Either way, the everything was off for a week. When we came back everything was dead except for one reef chromis and most of the cleanup crew.
So, just to paint the picture, when we got back there were dead fish remains (who knows how long everything was dead for), no lighting or filtration (other than sand and rock), and a lot of uneaten food floating on the top of the water.
I did some extensive water changes, etc.... and my water levels appear to be pretty good right now - all of the cleanup crew and the single chromis are still alive. But after a few weeks back, some weird tube like things began growing on the walls of the tank. I have looked to see if I can determine what they are but have not had luck. So - can anyone tell me what these guys are? Also, now that my tank is back in pretty good shape, I want to start reacquiring fish. My limited understanding of the chromis is that he has probably become the master of the tank and it will be difficult to add any new fish? Comments?
Thanks...

brainrush

Kind of look like q-tip sponges. If that is what they are, then they are harmless and their population will grow and decline depending on the nutrients in your water.