weird six line wrasse behavior

flcandy

Mine does that spin as well. Usually when he is worried about something and cant find a way out.
I still dont think you should do anything to him unless you can get him in a QT tank and observe him away from the other fish.

browniebuck

Day 4....STILL FREAKING SPINNING AROUND!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that he hasn't done any further (or visible) damage to himself (hitting himself on the rock).

flcandy

LMAO Thats funny!

Not really but man I am surprised he hasnt gone one way or the other yet.
I would let him go since he is alive and eating. Just make sure to test the water if you dont see him for a day.
Mine has taken to hiding all day unless its feeding time and I love watching him he is just worried about the big tank and all so we will see once I get more pods and LR for him if he decides to grace my tank with his swimming! LOL

browniebuck

Hopefully you will see SWIMMING and not spinning (coincidentally...day 5 has begun...maybe he turned on FitTV and watched a spinning class or something...has a negative body image???).
I talked to my LFS last night and they were as mystified as I am. They said that maybe he has brain damage (YA THINK!!!) We have a special needs fish!

flcandy

HAHA as long as he eats and doesnt hurt himself running into anything I wouldnt worry!
I would laugh so hard if he never stopped! LOL

browniebuck

Still going...nothing outlasts the spinning sixline wrasse!!! I saw him eat flakes this morning, so he is definitely eating. Go figure

browniebuck

....still going strong. He has started to slow his spinning and has started to swim straight at times...I am still at a loss.

texasmetal

The reason you don't see him in the mornings is because Wrasses sleep under the sand.
This is quite a peculiar problem.

browniebuck

...a year and a half later, our little sixline is still going strong, and from time to time, still likes to do loop d loo's???

hlcroghan

I just read this thread...lol. How funny!! Maybe he is a little on the short bus side? I would imagine it's not impossible for a fish to be retarded just like any human.....I am so glad he made it...:)

browniebuck

Could be...my wife works for the local county board of MRDD...she has been known to bring her work home with her...
...and...it IS her tank!!!