weird tank size

sciknen

well im going to be startin my 1st tank which will end up being my qt in about 6 months
cuz i also have a 55gal
well the one in question
is what i thought to be a 30 gal
i was using it for my ball python before but she outgrew it
its sizes are 25.5X15.5X16
thats on top with maybe a quarter of an ich cuz of that molding stuff
im trying to find a hood for it or something but it just seems liek a really odd size
i dont plan on doing any corals thats why just a hood
thanks

kclester

Humm im not sure about finding a hood but if you do use that tank make sure you clean it VERY VERY well im sure the snake produced alot of waste and parasites and such....but if i were you iw ould spend the few months doing research so when the time comes for the 55 gallon you will know everyhting you need to know and already have a plan as of what you wanna do with the tank !

sciknen

believe me ive been on this site for awhile now just doing research
im finally ready to start in a few weeks i think i may just start with the 55 on the fact of how much easier it will be to find stuff
any one know how to calc gallonage

snipe

do a google search for Inches to Gallon Conversion. You will get a page or two that dose it.
I would just go with the 55 as you will buy all the stuff to run a setup on this tank and then have to buy it all again later on down the road. Save ya money and just do it now.

sciknen

yea i may just do that
i have to build a stand and canopy b4 i can have the 55 up and running
i guess im going to be stopping by in the DIY section

snipe

I did that before lol. I cant wait to move out and get my massive tank. Gonna be no less than a 100. Bigger if possible!