well, he went and did it...

D

daniel411

Those are such beautiful snakes! Granted that they're display and not snakes you take out much, but is there any chance of having them somewhat manageable with time? Or do you have to always use a snake stick?

polarpooch

Those are such beautiful snakes! Granted that they're display and not snakes you take out much, but is there any chance of having them somewhat manageable with time? Or do you have to always use a snake stick?
Hmmm. Good question. The smaller one will probably be tame. But the big one, I don't know. I'm thinking when they're larger and in the larger cage, I will be cleaning it with a garbage can lid as a shield for protection! Although, I guess using a snake stick is the best way to get them out of the cage (because they wrap so tightly around the branches, it's hard to just "pull them off")...it's gentler to the snake. In the big one's case, I think it will just be safer to use a nice, LONG stick! (I mean, we use GLOVES when we move her, because she bites
)
Overall, I have read that this variety (Aru) is the most manageable, and most of this variety are "handleable" to "actually tame". We just got a mean one, I think. Maybe some acclimation time and just leaving her alone will help. Problem is, that means feeding her inside the cage!
You know this is all what I've read. I don't have any experience with these snakes before. Heck, before January, I never had a snake! My boyfriend is the one who knows snakes. And these are technically and actually his. (but we live together, so I read a lot!) Then again, it's how I learned to keep SWF...:)--by finding someone who knew about it, and by reading a lot. Thank God for the internet:), too and this message board!

polarpooch

It'll probley look like a scarf soon enough (or at least the small one will) the way Polar likes to wear them in her hair and around her neck
:joy:
:yes: