Well I knew it was possible

spanko

I am sure my peppermint shrimp (Lysmata wurdemanni)was scampi to my mystery wrasse (Pseudocheilinus ocellatus) as I have not seen it for a couple of days, even though I have fed the tank pretty heavily.
I did also see some sort of ripped apart carcass of a crab of some sort, a hitchhiker that may have been a pest anyway. I am also wondering about my Pom-Pom crab (Lybia Tesselatta)
too. Although I can go for long periods of time without seeing it, month give or take, with the other "murders"?? I would not be surprised.

I knew this was a possibility and took the chance anyway. If given the chance to do over I would do the same thing. I love this wrasse and the color and movement he brings to the tank.

small triggers

maybe they are all molting at the same time and hiding??? hows your iodine levels,, how often have they molted in the past?

oceanlover

I have had my Mystery Wrasse for over a year and he hasn't bothered anything. He gets in line morning and night to be cleaned by the cleaner shrimp. If my memory serves me, I had the cleaner shrimp BEFORE I had a wrasse so the wrasse never knew the shrimp as food. I guess its the luck of the draw.