Went fishing and caught some corals

exodusrs

i put them in ocean water..did some testing of the water which was OK
can I put them in my tank ?
1 is a yellow type of gorgonian
the other is a green acropora the size of a basketball. ?

jints

Fish you can catch....corals I guess can just be "taken". I guess he means you didnt catch them....you "took" them
. Anyhow I dont know if you keep them...it might depend on how far out you "caught" them. If its close to the shore then there are many pollutants that you dont want. I would quarantine them for 4 weeks and see how they do before even attempting to put them in your display tank.

nycbob

if its off the jersey coast, it is probably the colder water variety. would love to see a pic too.

exodusrs

i think 1 is some type of half dead off the coast of a yellowish gorg. and the other was caught from a pole like catching a fish so yes i did catch it not pick it from 100 feet of water its a basketball sized green acro i took it to the LFS here and he gave me $400 for it. hes gonna frag them and sell them.

exodusrs

i also put the yellow gorg thingy thats 3 inches in my 210 i doubt it can effect such a large tank im not even testing.

mkzimms

size of a basketball? i would have fragged it out myself, $25 for a 1" frag would have netted you WAY more than $400.

exodusrs

well size of a womens basketball, figured I could make 60 3x4" acros frags thats retail for $60, I did not want the hassle..the store probably buys it for much less than $60...so $400 was a bit low but like is said im not shipping out 60 frags and its not bad $400 for catching a coral. I do not provide any pictures of my livestock my tanks or my fishing trips to anyone but family, I'm sorry.

exodusrs

besides i sold the coral it looks like a big green acro vibrant, ****************
the gorgonian object i might post a pic of since I do not know exactly what it is..that is the reason and only reason I would post a picture, for educational purposes,I do not need to show off my tanks and my inhabitants for my own personal reasons.
If you think I am making any of this up feel free to question me about any my inhabitants equipment tanks corals inverts breeding stations, etc.. I will be happy to help anyone.
I have bred over 9000 clown fish.