went to lfs

ljn0221

how did i do i went to the lfs and got 2 blue stripe mushrooms and a condi anemone for $25 how did i do also i moved the anenome alot on accident now its foot is like mushroom shaped what does that mean thank you

murph145

that sounds like a fair price......
im not sure what it means when ur anemone has a mushroom shaped foot but i know they can take in and let out water as they want making different kinds of shapes.... i woulnt worry unless u see that its mouth is opened up all the time it loses its coloring and when they are really doing bad they expel their inards through their mouth that pretty much means there dead....
u should probably leave the anemone be since they can move around on there own anyways.... most times they wont like where u put them the first time unless you have good lighting in the tank.... by the way what kind of lighting do you have over your tank???

murph145

that should be ok then for a condi.... you have Power Compact??
hows your water conditions??
sometimes when anemones move around alot its because they dont have enough light and they are searching for a place with more...
just keep an eye on him some moving around is normal in the beggining

ljn0221

ok he is sitting still now i hope my clowns take to him when should i feed him his krill and yes i do have pc

poop_head

I feed my condi krill like once every 2-3 weeks cause they use a lot of energy from lighting and don't really need a lot of actual food to keep going.

murph145

i dont have a condi in my tank but i have 2 RBTA's and 2 LTA's.... i usually feed them 1-2 times per week and they seem to be doing fine.... some people feed more often if they think there anemone is bleaching or not healthy all the way but a healthy one should be feed a couple times a week i would think :thinking: