We're expecting

adesimone1

:cheer: We have a pair of coral banded shrimp. And the female is carrying a big blue belly. Can't wait to see the little ones. I will try to take a pic next feeding

dmcrete

very cool !! hope they survive?? what other critters r in with em?? id put her in a hatchery pod til she pops!!
very cool!!!!
let us see her

adesimone1

Originally Posted by dmcrete
very cool !! hope they survive?? what other critters r in with em?? id put her in a hatchery pod til she pops!!
very cool!!!!
let us see her

Tonight at feeding. How would I catch her to put her in it? They are in 150 lbs of LR.

dmcrete

i made a capture bottle, get u a litre bottle(EMPTY) soda pop or?? cut 3 diamond shapes in the side of the bottle all the way around it ,, BUT leave one of the diamond shape tips connected to the plastic bottle, insert your finger in to the diamond shapes, push them INTO THE BOTTLE, put some weight in the bottle, put a liitle piece of (SHRIMP OR??) what ever inside , carefully and slowly submerge the bottle, and pray she enters it first<< patiece,, its kinda fun too!!! the shrimp r the smartest
they will only give you a couple a chances, so if a critter enters dont panic,, i would wait till she also enters, only fish trap for 1 hr every 5 hrs
have fun LET US KNOW!!!! :hilarious

ophiura

Unfortunately, it is very very very difficult to raise the larvae without a lot of specialized care. Many have tried. This will be a frequent event, but basically it will be food for the rest of the tank, which is very good!

adesimone1

It's funny how she came out of her cove last night. Like to show us she was pregnant, now she won't come out at all. The two them just stay in there. The male got a piece of prawn he was eating I looked 5 min later and she was eating it. I think it is cute how they seem very close. Who knows maybe we will get lucky.

adesimone1

Originally Posted by adesimone1
It's funny how she came out of her cove last night. Like to show us she was pregnant, now she won't come out at all. The two them just stay in there. The male got a piece of prawn he was eating I looked 5 min later and she was eating it. I think it is cute how they seem very close. Who knows maybe we will get lucky.
bump