Wet/dry Filter & Feeding

tiuser

I understand the concept of this filter...but when you feed the fish the food floats on the top of the water. Won't this end up going in the overflow?? Am I missing something here??
:confused:
Thom

brewercm

I use a feeding station in my aquarium. Small plastic ring that floats on top of water and stays at the front of the tank or wherever you place it. Food will stay in it until eaten or sinks.

lagatbezan

i just take the food i want to feed, mix it in a plastic cup with some of the water from the tank, and pour it in the tank! this allows the food to go in the middle of the tank and not down the overflow!
Also its so cool to see my clowns go after the food while the power heads move the food around in the tank!

jrein40806

I have a wet/dry. The fish eat so fast there is no chance the food will make it to the overflow. Just feed them a little at a time.

my overflow is at the one end of the tnak. I feed my fish is the same place at about the same time everyday. At that time every day they start to gather in that area. They now tell me when it is time to eat. They eat everyting before it can get to the overflow.

azeritis

totally aggree with JRein,LOL
the food never gets the chance to reach the overflow...
They devour it like piranhas

reefnut

I put the food in under the water. It floats but does not float on top. The surface water moves around so much if I was to just put it on top a large amount would find its way to the overflow.