wet dry & fuge complete!

striper

Did you make the fug tank yourself or did you buy it .this is kind of what I want to do to my tank

mpls man

I made the fuge out of acrilic from home depot, the glue i used was Marine Goop, also from there, this is gravity fed from the overflow box,2 -1" lines to the wet dry, one splits with a T and runs to the fuge, with a ball valve to control the flow, both pipes run to the wet/dry, over bio balls, then into the skimmer chamber, over a baffle to control bubbles then back to display with a mag 700gph, i have 2 lines coming from the fuge to end of wet/dry then back to display , so what the system is doing is completing a circle. Since the fuge is made of acrilic the holes are easyer to drill then glass, bulk heads i made from pvc from HD as well. hope this wasent too hard to understand? let me know if you need any help.

gesswhosbak

What type of light is that you have on there? Does it work well with growing the types of macros you use? if so what types

striper

thanks for the info do you know if a 700 mag will pump up from my basement to my display on the 1st floor. I plan on doing something like yours having it gravity feed from my display to my wet /dry then pumped back from my soon to be built fuge. I never done any thing like this before does it sound like i'm going in the right direction

mpls man

as far as the light for the fuge, i bought it from home depot in the outdoor lighting dept. The name is LIGHTS OF AMERICA , 65 wt power compact, a number of people have them and they work very well, i have calupa and macro right now to start.

mpls man

STRIPER. i think you might need something with more gph then a mag700. it depends how far it is between the 2 floors, the one i have will pump 12 1/2 ft high, you may want to do a search to find out more on what pump to use. good luck.:yes: